This English 102 class has been very interesting this semester. I was able to expand my reading into books that I may not have read otherwise and yet were very interesting material to cover. I was pleasantly suprised when I could incorporate my field of study into the essays that I was instructed to write. I have not only been able to research things that I will be able to use as a psychology major but also to expand my knowledge and understanding of the things that I was researching.
I have learned a variety of things in this class that I hope to be able to incorporate into my future papers in college. At the begining of this class I stuggled with MLA format and using approproate citation tecniques. I also struggled with the starting of my papers and the process in which i write. Over the course of the four essays that I have written in Englidh 102, I have found that I am more comfortable in both starting papers and citing them appropriately. I also hope that I have expanded my area of writing to be able to continue in my degree pursuit as writing is a large part of my major.
At the end of English 101 I figured that this class would be mundane and repetitive. I assumed that it would be the same boring material that i had to cover in high school and the same boring essays that I had to write and rewrite over and over again. I was impressed when i actually learned something. I'm sure that sounds harsh, however it is the way my classes have been. The only issue that I found to have with this class was that we wrote three essays on the same two books. After about the second one I became slightly annoyed and was worried about my papers all sounding like an extension of the other. I hope that they were not. I also hope that I was successful in making them their own entities and following the guidlines that were set on them.
I am glad that I took this class the way that I did and chose not to start at English 103 where I was placed. Not that I think that 103 would have been difficult, i am just glad that i got to review the basics and expand on what I already knew. Thank you for being an excellent teacher and I am glad that I chose to take your course.
No comments:
Post a Comment